November Bible Study 2003 #1 Cover Sheet NTO
James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and unbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
If you are looking for wisdom, ask God with faith, "ONLY BELIEVE" that God will give you what you ask and you shall recieve it. You cannot have any doubts about God's ability to give to you what you ask. Because God's word says that if you have doubt then you will recieve nothing from God. James 1:6 and 1:7 plainly says that if you have doubt of God's ability then you will recieve nothing from God. These two verses talk about wavering, Here is an example of wavering: You pray and ask God for wisdom, and then say "Unless you don't want me to have it", Or something like: "If you have the time for me" do you see what this is, you start making up excuses as to why you won't recieve the wisdom you have ask for. This is doubt and you will not recieve nothing from God if you have doubt when you ask! So when you ask God for something, ask with confidence, ask knowing that God will give you what you ask! And remember this, God is no respector of person, he will give wisdom to any whom ask, Adults, Young Adults, Children, God see's us all the same!!
James 1:19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.
This verse is teaching us patience, and understanding, and the taming of our temper. "let every man be swift to hear" Listen to the word of God, this means that you should not be thinking about going to a football game, or wondering what movie is playing on television, or thinking about what's for supper when you should be listening to God's word! Do not sit in church thinking about something else while the pastor is preaching/teaching because what he is saying will be exactly what you need to hear! Do not be thinking about food when the pastor is trying to tell you how to save your soul from eternal damnation! Train your mind to be patient, and to wait on those other things that interest you, focus your mind on the word of God when it is being spoken to you. "slow to speak" Be very careful about what you say, because it is not what goes in the mouth that defileth the man, but what comes out of the mouth is what defileth the man! Speak no harsh, downgrading, or hurtful thing about no one! We must be prepared to answer any question either in season or out, this means we must answer any question ask of us truthfully ! If we do not know the answer, then we must say we do not know, most people will not admit to not knowing something, people want others to think they KNOW IT ALL ! A KNOW IT ALL will answer questions even when they do not know the answer, and this can be dangerous, so don't be a KNOW IT ALL ! We must not say anything against our brethren, a simple rule to live by is this: If you cannot say something good, don't say nothing at all! We should lift each other up, not tear each other down. "slow to wrath" Get angry and sin not. It is not a sin to become angry, however it is a sin if we allow that anger to grow, if we dwell on something that has made us angry then wrath will follow! Wrath is vengence, revenge, getting someone back for something they did, or said about, or to you. We cannot do this, because God said not to. To want revenge is a sin, and a sin is punishable by death, rebuke the spirit of revenge from your life, and replace it with a spirit of love, and compassion for that person that has wronged you, because that person is blinded by satan, and cannot see the truth of God. Pray that God will open that person's spiritual eye's to the truth, and when he does then the love of God will flow from them.
Heavenly Father, I come before you with praise, and worship for you and only you, because you are worthy. I humbly ask you my Lord to forgive me for anything I may have said, thought, or done that was not in your will or your way, and I thank you for that forgiveness. I know Father that the words above will be an inspiration to someone, because those words are from you, I thank you my God for allowing me to do your work, for allowing me to spread your word through whatever means you provide my Lord. I pray God that everyone reading these words will be blessed by them, that these words will help to open their eye's to the truth of your love, I pray conviction upon those that need to be closer to you my Lord, I pray that you will put a desire in their hearts that will only be satisfied by more of you Father, My God I pray more faith upon those that are slipping away from your truth, I pray belief upon those that need to be healed, God I pray you deliver those that are bound by the yokes of satan, break those yokes my Lord and set them free. I thank you my God for my life, and for the wonderful blessings that you have delivered into my life daily. I thank you my God for the trials and tribulations that only make me stronger, and more determined to defeat satan every time he attacks, and I thank you father for loving me, and for saving me from the devils hell. In the holy name of Jesus I pray, Amen.
November Bible Study 2003 #1 Questions NTO This Months Book Is: LUKE
1. Who is this verse talking about? "For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb." ____________________
2. What was the name of the angel that spoke unto Zach-a-ri'-as? ____________
3. Who said this? And who was it said to? "Fear not, for thou hast found favour with God." __________ ___________
4. Where can I find this verse? "A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel."____________:___
5. What was Anna? And who was her father? ________________ ________________
6. What was the first thing Jesus said in the book of Luke? (Write on back of paper)
7. Who said this? "O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?"_________________
8. How old was Jesus when the Holy Ghost descended upon him like a dove? __________________
9. What verse is this in? "It is written, THAT MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY BREAD ALONE, BUT BY EVERY WORD OF GOD. ____________:___
10. Unscramble this verse: "Galilee. And of he synagouges preached the in" (Write on back of Paper)
11. And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him. Who forsook all?___________ ____________ ____________
12. In what verse did Jesus say this? "They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick."___________:___
13. Fill in the Blanks: "__________ it came to ____________ in those days, that he went ____________ into a mountain to ____________, and continued all night in prayer to God."
14. What does a good tree not bring forth?______________ ____________
15. Who did Jesus say this to? "Weep Not" _______________________, and why?___________________
16. Where can I find this verse? "But wisdom is justified of all her children."Luke___:___
17. What was Herod's stewart named? ______________
18. Who was Jesus talking about when he said: "Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole."___________.
19. Jesus sent his twelve disciples to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick. And what were they to take for their journey? _______________
20. Why did Jesus take a child and set him by him?__________________________________________________
21. Complete this verse: "_______ ________ ________ _________ __________ _________; and he that despiseth you despiseth me; _________ ___________ _________ __________ _________ _________ _______ __________ ______ ________
22. Martha was cumbered about much serving, What was Martha's sister's name?_________________
23. Who ask jesus to teach them to pray? ____________________________________
24. Who said this? "Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also."_____________________________
25. Who said this, and where is it located? "Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do." ______________, Luke___:___
26. Who said this. and where is it located? "Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?" ______________, Luke___:___
27. How many died when the tower of Si-lo'-am fell on them?_______________
28. Jesus was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. And, behold there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity (For How Long?)_____________________
29. Whom does Jesus say to call when ye makest a feast? ___________________________________________
30. Where can I find this verse? "And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple." LUKE___:___
31. What kind of living did the youngest son waste his substance on?________________, what is that kind of living? _____________________________________________________________
32. How did the older brother feel about the party his father was having for his younger brother?_______________
33. Read Luke 16:12 and on the back of the paper explain what it means.
34. In the book of Luke what did Laz'-a-rus do for a living?__________________________
35. Who said this? "Jesus, Master, have mercy on us."______________________________
36. One of the ten lepers that Jesus healed thanked him, what was he?____________________
37. Two men went into the temple to pray, What were they? ___________________________________
38. Who said this? "Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me."________________________
39. Who did Jesus say this to? "Make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house."________________
40. Who taught daily in the temple, and who sought daily to destroy him?______________,________________________
41. Who was trying to trick Jesus when he said this? "Why tempt ye me?"___________________________________
42. Who said this? "How say they that Christ is David's son?"___________________________
43. How much did a certain poor widow cast into the treasury?________________________
44. What did jesus do in the daytime?_______________________, what did he do at night?______________________
45. Who said this? "Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death."________________
46. Where were Jesus and the disciples when Jesus said: "Pray that ye enter not into temptation."_________________
47. Who's jurisdiction was Jesus to be tried under?______________________
48. Where is this verse: "But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him." Luke___:___
49. Who told the apostles about Jesus not being in the tomb?_____________________________________
50. What village was Jesus in when he ascended up into heaven?____________________
Give yourself 10 POINTS________ if you read the entire book of Luke. If you don't give yourself 10 points I won't!
Return the study to:
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
PH: 276-963-8053 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
November Bible Study 2003 #2 Questions NTO This Months Books are: John and Acts
1. True or False: "The same was in the beginning with God."________
2. Who said this? "He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose."____________
3. What did they do when Jesus said unto them, "Fill the waterpots with water."
4. What temple was Jesus talking about in this verse? "Jesus answered and said unto them. Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
5. Who was Nic-o-de'-mus the ruler of? ______________
6. Where can I find this verse? "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him."John___:___
7. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well:" What was the name of the well?
8. True or False: "For Jesus himself testified, that a prophet hath no honour in his own country."
9. In what verse chapter and verse did Jesus say this? "Rise, take up thy bed, and walk."
10. Unscramble this verse: "me. For of had wrote ye he believed for Moses, me: ye believed would have"
11. In what verse in the book of John does it say this about the 40 year wilderness experience? "HE GAVE THEM BREAD FROM HEAVEN TO EAT." John____:___
12. Where can I find this verse? "And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day."John___:___
13. Who said this? "I have done one work, and ye all marveled."_________ In what verse?John___:___
14. What do you think John 7:24 means? (Write on back of paper)
15. Who did Jesus say this to?" If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;"
16. Where is this verse? "If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."John___:___, and on the back of the paper tell me what you think it means.
17. Who did Jesus say this to? "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?"
18. What did the Jews do when Jesus said: "I and my Father are one."
19. What was the name of the town that Mary and her sister Martha lived in?
20. What was Thomas called unto his fellow disciples? Bonus Question Worth 5 Points: What does the word Did'-y-mus mean?
21. True or False: :And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world."
22. What did Jesus say to Simon Peter when Simon Peter said: Lord, dost thou wash my feet?"
23. Where is this verse?"If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it."John___:___
24. In what verse does Jesus call his disciples friends, and not servants?John___:___
25. Fill in the Blank: "________ the ________ which thou gavest me I have given ________; that they may be one, ________ as we are one:"
26. What was Jesus' first 3 words to the band of men and officers that came to arrest him and take him away?
27. Where is this verse? "Why askest thou me? ask them which heard me, what I have said unto them: behold, they know what I said."John___:___
28. What was Jesus wearing when Pilate said this: "Behold the man."
29. Why did Jesus say to Mary: "Touch me not."
30. Where is this verse? "And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation."Acts___:___
31. Who sold some land, but kept back part of the money and lied about it?
32. How old was Moses when he first visited his brethren, the children of Israel?
33. Who was on the Damascus road when suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven?
34. Who departed to Tar'-sus, for to seek Saul?
35. Saul was the king of Israel, what was his father's name?
36. True or False: "And after they had passed throughout Pi-sid'-i-a, they came to Phi-la'-del-phi-a."
37. Where is this verse? "But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they."Acts___:___
38. What was the nationality of Ti-mo'-the-us' father? (Where was his father from)_____________
39. Who said this? "What will this babbler say?"______________________________
40. Who was pressed in the spirit, and testified to the Jews that Jesus was Christ?____________
41. Who did the evil spirit say this to? "Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?"_________________
42. Fill in the Blanks: "________ we sailed away from ________ after the days of ________ bread, and came unto them to ________ in ________ days; where we abode ________ days.
43. Who said this, and in what verse did he say it? "I am a man which am a Jew of Tar'-sus, a city in Ci-li'-ci-a, a citizen of no mean city; and, I beseech thee, suffer me to speak unto the people."________
44. Who said this, and who did they say it to? "For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard."_________ _________.
45. Unscramble this verse: "judgement will in thee be he, him thine he are come. hall I Herod's hear kept said to when commanded accusers And also" Acts___:___
46. Who said this? "Hast thou appealed unto Caesar? unto Caesar shalt thou go."__________
47. Who said this to Festus? "I would also hear the man myself."_____________
48. Where can I find this verse? "And when they had eaten enough, they lightened the ship, and cast out the wheat into the sea." Acts___:___
49. Who lay sick of a fever and of a bloody flux, and Paul layed hands on him and he was healed?
50. True or False: "And some believed the things which were spoken, and some believed not."
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
PH: 276-963-8053 E-Mail: email@example.com