October Bible Study 2003 #1 Cover Sheet
Read Titus 3:1 through 3:8.
Titus 3:1 PUT them in mind to be subject to principalities and powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to every good work,
We have to be subject to rulers and authorities, we must obey the rules, and laws of the land. We all know that we must obey the laws of the land, this also means any land we may be in, wheather it be our country, or any other country! Sometimes the laws do not apply, and we'll get into that shortly.
To obey the laws of the land requires a great deal from us as christians! To break a law of this land is a sin (Providing the law does not go against our belief, or the law of God). I know you are thinking, "I don't break any laws!" Think again, do you drive? Do you ever go 26 miles an hour in a 25 mile zone? If so you have broke a law! Have you ever walked across the street somewhere besides a crosswalk? If you have you have broke a law! Have you ever slowed down at a stop-sign, and then went on without coming to a complete stop! If you have you have broke a law! Have you ever took a piece of gum out of your mouth and threw it down? Littering! You broke a law! See how easy it is to break a law of the land! I have done these things many times since I have gave my heart to God, and I didn't even realize I was sinning, I didn't even think about it! I still find myself going through town doing 30 miles an hour in a 25 mile zone, OOPS! I've sinned again! Seriously I have. This may sound trivial to some of you, but to God a sin is a sin, and the only sin you cannot be forgiven for is blasphemy of the Holy Ghost! I said that to say this: I pray several times a day, and my prayer starts with: "Dear God, Heavenly Father, I come before you with praise and worship for you and you alone because you are worthy, and I ask you my Lord to forgive me for anything I may have said thought or done that is not in your will, or your way, forgive me Lord of my every sin because I truly need your forgiveness." The bible says we are sinners, and therefore we are. Although we may not remember sinning, rest assured you have sinned, so you need to ask forgiveness each and every day! Ask for forgiveness, strive for perfection, eventually a lot of those simple sins will become a thing of the past, remember it is the little foxes that spoil the vine!
When a law goes against God's law, or violates our belief or faith we must not obey it! To obey a law that goes against God's law is to sin, we must obey God before anything else.
We must be ready for every good work. If we speak the word of God we must do our best to live by what we say. If we do not live by what we speak, we are hypocrites, let's not be hypocrites.
Titus 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.
This verse is so simple, We must speak evil of no man, we must accuse no one without cause, we must not call anyone any names, we must not lie to, or on anyone, We must not spread rumors. We have to maintain self control, we cannot and must not allow our feelings to overcome our better judgement in any matter. We must put the flesh under subjection, and keep it there. We cannot allow feelings of anger, rage, hatred, pride, or arrogance to enter into our thoughts. We cannot bicker and fight among ourselves, because all this does is tears down, destroys, ruins, and hinders us in our work we are to do for God.
Titus 3:3 For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, decieved, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
Remember the majority of us were just like the sinners before we gave our hearts to God. We did foolish things, stupid things that went against the will of God, things that were totally against what God had planned for our lives. We were disobedient, we didn't listen to our parents, our spouses, our friends, or to God, we were just as lost as the sinners are now. We were concerned about what we wanted, what we desired in our lives, not what anyone else wanted or needed, including God. What we need to do is to try and remember how it felt to be a sinner, remember how miserable we were then, how lost, and hopeless it was when we were in the world of sin, it wasn't a good feeling, remember that is how the sinners lost in the darkness of the world feel now. What we need to do is to try and show them a way to find hope, and a way to remove the misery from their lives, we need to introduce them to Jesus! Sometimes people do not want to hear about God. When you encounter this, try to get a word in, or perhaps leave a good tract for them to look at later, but do not give up because that is most likely the very person you need to witness to the most!
Titus 3:4 through 3:8---3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared.
3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
3:6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
God did not save us from sin because of our good works, but, he blessed us to be born again because he loved us. Our good works in no way, no how, had anything to do with God making a way for us to be saved, God allowed a way for our redemption because of his undeniable love, the bottom line: God Loves Us! He loves us so much that he allowed his only son Jesus, to be persecuted, tortured, lied on, and killed so that we would have a way into the kingdom of heaven. If Jesus had not came into the world, we would have no way to be saved, we would have no hope of eternal life with God, we would still be living a miserable, hopeless life, with nothing to look forward to after our lives here are over. Jesus died, was entombed, arose from the dead, so that we could have a way to be forgiven of every sin in our lives!
When Jesus left and ascended into heaven, God sent the Holy Ghost to comfort us, and to be with us until Jesus comes back again.
When we give our hearts to God we become heirs to all that God has, "Everything" including eternal life! We shall live throughout the endless ages with God in heaven, FOREVER, and that is a long, long, time!
BUT *CAUTION* We must continue to walk in God's will, God's way!
Let us pray: Our most glorious Father, we come before you this day my God with praise and worship for you, and you alone, we shall lift our souls to no other, because there is no other God's before you! Our souls we lift to you and you alone my Lord. Father God, we ask that you forgive us for our sins, any sins we may have said, thought, or done my Lord, we ask humbly for your forgiveness, and know as we ask Father that you will forgive us of our sins. We thank you Father for your loving kindness, and your everlasting love, we thank you for you mercy, and grace, we praise you Father, we exalt you my God, we lift you up above all things Lord, for you are worthy!! Father we pray that you will strengthen us as we go about our daily lives, we ask for boldness Lord to deliver the word of your love and mercy, we ask for courage Father to speak of you, and for you, to those that are lost in the darkness of the world, we pray that the Holy Ghost will bring to our remembrance your word when it is needed to witness to the lost! Father we thank you that you are always with us, that your loving grace is suffecient for all things! God I humbly ask you to give courage, boldness, strength, love, and compassion to everyone reading these words, and to myself Lord, Make us so faithful my God that we will speak of you without hesitation, give us boldness to use your word, and to do the works that you have said we can and will do! I pray Father God that we continously strive to be just as Jesus was when he walked on this earth, be with us Lord, guide us Father, allow our love to shine like a beacon so that the lost of the world will be able to see it, and like a ship lost in the night come toward the light. I ask this in Jesus holy name, Amen
October Bible Study 2003 #1 Questions
This Months Books Are: John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians.
1. What two people is this verse talking about?_________________&_____________
2. Who said this? "How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's wonb, and be born?"____________________
3. Where did this great multitude of impotent folk lay? "Blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.____________
4. Where can I find this that Jesus said? "My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready."___________:___
5. Where is this verse located? "And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of a stranger. _______________:____
6. Who said this, and in what verse was it said? "Know ye what I have dobe to you?" ___________, __________:___
7. What happens to the branches that beareth not fruit? ________________________________
8. Who is Jesus talking about in John 17:3, when he says: "that they might know thee."____________________
9. What did Jesus say when Pilate said: "Whence art thou?" ___________________________
10. Where did Jesus show himself to his disciples the third time after he was risen from the dead?________________________
11. This is just part of a verse, but where can I find it? "and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Ju-dae'-a, and in Sa-ma'-ri-a, and unto the uttermost part of the earth."________________:____
12. Who did the apostles surname Barnsbas? __________________
13. In what book, chapter, and verse does the bible speak about "there arose a murmuring of the Gre'-cians against the hebrews," and why did this happen?_____________:___, _______________________________
14. "And there was great joy in that city." What book, chapter, and verse is this, and what city is it speaking of? ____________:____, ________________________
15. Peter saw a vision, and in the vision the Lord said this: "Arise. Peter: slay and eat." and he said this: What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." Where was Peter when he saw this vision, and how many times did it happen? And in what verses of the bible is this told? ______________________________,____________:______________
16. Who said this, and who did they say it to? "O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?"____________ ____________
17. Who followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation?_______________________. What kind of spirit did she have?____________________. What did Paul do about it?_________________________________.
18. Where did Paul dispute and persuade the things concerning the kingdom of God?____________________
19. Paul and his company came unto Caes-a-re'-a, and entered into the house of Philip, WHAT was Philip?_______________________, who came down from Ju-dae'-a while they were there?__________________
20. Who came unto Caes-a-re'-a to salute Festus?____________________________
21. Who did this? "And he shook off the beast into the fire, and felt no harm."_____________
22. Where can I find this verse? "And art confident that thou art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,"____________:___
23. True or False: "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord jesus Christ:"________
24. What hath made me free from the law of sin and death? __________________________________
25. Read Romans Chapter 8, but before you do, pray and ask God to reveal all it's meaning to you. Read it with the understanding that this is God's Word written for us.
26. Fill in the Blank: "__________ of him, and ____________ him, and to him, are all ____________: to ____________ be glory for ever. A-men'
27. Where is this verse located at in the bible? "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. ____________:___
28. Love worketh no ill to his neighbour, therefore what is love to the law?____________________
29. In what verse can I find this? "we are the Lord's."_____________:___
30. Who was Phe'-be?__________________________________
31. In what verse does it say: "that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."____________:___
32. Unscramble this verse: "we are the the are of unto Being we filth and all day. made world, things intreat the defamed, offscouring of this as. _______________:___
33. Where can I find this verse? "Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?" _____________:___
34. True or False: "But if any man love God, the same is known of him."______________
35. Fill in the Blank: "Do we __________ the __________ to __________? are we __________ than he?"
36. Where is this verse? "But covet earnestyl the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way. ____________:___
37. What never faileth?____________, but where they be _____________, they shall fail: WHAT shall cease? ____________; WHAT shall vanish away?_____________.
38. Where can I find this? "Let all things be done unto edifying." _______________:___
39. By man came WHAT?__________________, and by man came also WHAT?______________________
40. Where can I find this verse? "My love be with you all in Christ Jesus. A-men'."
41. True or False: "For as the sufferings of Christ abound in God, so our consolation also aboundeth by Faith." ____________
42. Unscramble this verse: "men: Ye all are of our read epistle and written known in hearts, out ________________________________________________________________
43. (For we walk by ____________, not by ____________:)
44.What does godly sorrow worketh? And, what does the sorrow of the world worketh? ______________________________________________________________________________
45. What happens to he which soweth sparingly? And he which soweth bountifully? ______________________________________________________________________________
46. Complete this verse: "(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________;)
47. Where can I find this verse?: "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. ____________:___
48. Fill in the blank: "__________ be it so, I did not __________ you: __________, being crafty, I caught you with __________.
49. Where is this verse? "But I trust that ye shall know that we are not reprobates."______________:___
50. True or False: "For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth."__________
Give yourself 10 POINTS _________ if you read all of this months books!
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
PH: 276-963-8053 E-Mail: email@example.com
October Bible Study 2003 #2 Questions
This Months Books Are: John, Acts, Romans, I Corinthians, II Corinthians.
1. Who said this? "Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it."____________
2. Who said this? "Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?"________ ____________ ________ ________ ________. Who was it said to?__________
3. Where can I find this verse? "But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you."__________:___
4. Fill in the Blanks: "The __________ answered and said, __________ hast a __________: who goeth about to __________ thee?"
5. Who said this? And to who was it said? "Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world." __________, __________.
6. "But the sheep did not hear them."Who did the sheep not hear?__________, __________.
7. Why did Jesus say this? "Ye are not all clean." ____________________________________.
8. What happened to the band of men and officers that came for Jesus when he said,"I am he?" ________ ________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ________ ________.
9. The Jews said they have a law, and by that law Jesus ought to die, why did they say he had to die? ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________.
10. Who said this? "What I have written I have written." __________
11. Who outrun Peter to the sepulchre?________ ________ ________.
12. Unscramble this verse: "born? were we wherein tongue, own our in man every we hear how And" _____________________________________________________________________
13. What did the angel of the Lord tell the apostles to do when he opened the prison doors and brought them forth? _____________________________________________________________________
14. Into what city did Philip go and preach Christ unto them? ____________
15. True or False: "This was done thrice: and the vessel was recieved up again into heaven."________
16. What happened to the Jews when they saw the multitudes that came to hear Paul preach? __________________________________________________________
17. Where can I find this verse? "And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
18. Who asked this? "Have ye recieved the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"__________
19. What was Ter-tul'-lus?_________________. Who did he inform the governor against? ____________.
20. What was the name of the chief man on the island of Mel'-i-ta?_____________
21. Who Wrote the Book of Romans? ____________
22. True or False: "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"____________
23. What does tribulation worketh?______________
24. With the mind I myself serve the law of __________; but with the flesh the law of __________.
25. What is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth? ____________
26. If the root be holy: What are the branches? ____________
27. Every soul should be subject unto "WHAT?"___________ ____________
28. Where is this verse? "For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself."____________:___
29. Whatsoever things were written aforetime were written "WHY?"_________ ________ __________
30. Who laid down their own necks for Paul? ____________ and ____________.
31. Fill in the Blank: "Where is the ________? where is the ________? where is the ________ of this world? hath not God made ________ the wisdom of this world?
32. I have planted, A-pol'-los watered, "WHO" gave the increase? ________
33. In what Book, Chapter, and verse does the bible sat "ye are not your own?"______________:___
34. Unscramble this verse: "But heed by means liberty your's a to that weak. take lest any this of become stumblingblock them are"
35. "Paul spoke to the Corinthians and said: I would not that ye should be ignorant, and spoke about all our fathers being under "WHAT?" and passed through "WHERE?"__________ __________
36. What suffereth long?__________, what is kind?__________, what envieth not?__________, what vaunteth not itself?____________, what is not puffed up?____________.
37. True or false: "He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church."__________
38. Where is this verse? "I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all:"______________:___
39. Jesus must reign until he has put all enemies under his feet, what is the last enemy to be destroyed?___________
40. If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be "WHAT?" ____________ ____________
41. In what verse can I find all these words? "Brethren, ignorant, trouble, Asia, measure, despaired."____________:___
42. Fill in The Blanks: "____________, when I came to ____________ to preach ____________ gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the ____________.
BONUS WORTH 10 POINTS! On the back of the paper write the defination of these words: (1) Ministration, (2) Countenance, (3) Glorious: (4) Righteous:
43. But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. "WHO'S heart?"____________________
44. On the back of the paper explain II Corinthians 4:4. OVER>>>>>>>>
45. When are we absent from the Lord?
46. In what verse does the bible speak about being unequally yoked together with unbelievers?____________:___
47. Where is this verse? "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."____________:___
48. What causes through us thanksgiving to God?
49. Who was the king that tried to have Paul apprehended, but he escaped through a window in a basket?__________
50. In what verse does Paul say to greet one another with an holy kiss?____________:___
Give Yourself 10 POINTS if you read all the books for this study.__________
P. O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Ph: 276-963-8053 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The number 1 NTO questions will be posted Oct. 2, 2003, the number 2 NTO questions will be posted soon, I will send an e-mail as soon as I have them posted.