September Bible Study 2003 NTO Cover Sheet
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Website URL: Bible Study Information
Romans 10:8 But what saith it? THE WORD IS NIGH THEE, EVEN IN THY MOUTH, AND IN THY HEART; that is, the word of faith, which we preach.
Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Romans 10:11 For the scripture saith. WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT BE ASHAMED.
Everyone should know the above scriptures, if not word for word, at least know enough about them to tell someone what they mean when someone asks! Know enough about them to be able to help someone quote them when they are giving their heart to God! We are all called to witness to the people of the world, so how can we witness if we do not know what to tell someone when they ask "How do I get saved" Read the above scriptures and know what they mean!
Romans 10:8 The word is now, if you are a christian, and you have read these scriptures then the Holy Spirit will bring these scriptures to your remembrance when you need them to witness to someone. These scriptures are in your heart, and you will have no trouble speaking them when they are needed.
Romans 10:9 This one is simple, say it, and believe it when you say it, you must believe it when you say it, you have to truly believe that God raised Jesus from the dead, you must confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, he died for our sins, and God raised him from the dead to reign forever and ever.
Romans 10:10 You must believe in your heart that Jesus died so that we could be made righteous, you must believe that Jesus really died for our sins, and you must confess this with your mouth, I believe you must speak it out loud so that Satan can hear it, because Satan does not know our thoughts.
Romans 10:11 This scripture is simple also: You must not be ashamed of God, or Jesus Christ, because if you truly believe the bible, then you can in no way be ashamed of your belief, Jesus said if we are ashamed of him before man, he will be ashamed of us before the Father, deny him, and he will deny us!
Father God, I pray this day that you will strengthen us your followers, make us strong in you Lord, strengthen our belief, our faith, our endurance, and our righteousness, Lord give us strength to claim dominion over Satan and his defeated demons, give us the strength to rebuke Satan without any doubts, because he has no place in our lives. Give us the knowledge to use your word as you intended it to be used, make us wise Father, give us understanding of your living word, allow us to do as you would have us to do my God, let us walk in your way and your will everyday my God. Thank you for allowing us to worship, and praise you, thank you for this day, and the victories we have won in it, thank you my God for my life. Thank you for saving me from Satan's hell.
September Bible Study 2003 NTO #1 Questions
The Book For This Study: ACTS
1. What color apparel was the two men wearing that stood by them as Jesus was taken up, and a cloud recieved him?____________
2. When the people in the upper room were filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, what did the Spirit give them? ____________
3. There was a certain man lame from his mother's womb, that sat at the temple and ask alms. Now Peter took him by the hand and lifted him up. Which hand "Left or Right"? ____________
4. Were Peter and John unlearned and ignorant?_____________
5. And they were all "WHAT?" in Solomon's porch.______________________________
6. Who said this? "It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables."______________________
7. True or False: "And they made a calf in those days, and offered sacrifice unto the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands." ____________
8. How long was Saul consenting?________________________________
9. Who tarried many days in Jop'-pa with one Simon a tanner? _______________
10. What hour was it that Peter went up upon the housetop to pray?_____________________
11. Where can I find this verse? "Which also they did, and sent it to the elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul." ____________:___
12. What was the name of the damsel that came to hearken when Peter knocked at the door of the gate? _______________
13. Where can I find this verse? "But God raised him from the dead:" ____________:____
14. What did the unbelieving Jews do to the Gentiles to make their minds evil affected against the brethren? ________________________
15. True or False: "Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world."____________
16. Fill in the Blanks: "Now ____________ why tempt ye ____________, to put a yoke upon the neck of the _____________, which neither our _____________ nor we were able to bear?
17. Where can I find this verse? "Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still. ____________:___
18. What was Ti-mo'-the-us's Father's nationality? (Where was he from?)________________
19. Who forbid the word to be preached in Asia? ______________________
20. Who is this verse talking about? "And teach customs, which are not lawful for us to recieve, neither to observe, being Romans." ____________________________
21. How many sabbath days did Paul reason with the Jews out of the scriptures at Thes-sa-lo-ni'-ca?____________
22. Who did the brethren immediately send away by night unto Be-re'-a?__________________________
23. What city did Paul see wholly given to idolatry?__________________
24. What craft did Paul, Aq'-ui-la, and Priscilla all three partake in?______________________
25. Who did all the Greeks take and beat before the judgement seat?____________________
26. Where was A-pol'-los born?______________________
27. True or False: "And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul:?"______________
28. How many sons did Sce'-va, a Jew have?________________
29. In what verse can I find the word Jupiter? Acts ____:____
30. In what verse can I find the names of these cities? Chi'-os, Sa'-mos, Tro-gyl'-li-um, Mi-le'-tus. Acts ____:____
31. Where can I find this verse? "And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publuckly, and from house to house." Acts ____:____
32. In what verse did Paul quote this saying that Jesus said: "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."Acts ____:____
33. Who were the people talking about in Acts 21:28 when they said "This is the man"_________________
34. How many chains did the chief captain command that Paul be bound with?_______________
35. What tongue (Language) did Paul use to speak to the people on the stairs?_______________
36. What did Jesus call Paul when he spoke to him on the Damascus road?_________________
37. Who said to Saul "Brother Saul, recieve thy sight"__________________
38. Where can I find this verse? "And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God's high priest?Acts ____:____
39. Who banded together and said, they would neither eat nor drink till they had killed Paul?__________________
40. And there was more than "HOW MANY" that made this conspiracy?_________________
41. What was Lys'-i-as job?(What was his title)_______________________
42. Which king was Paul brought before?____________________
43. What verse is this? "Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?Acts ____:____
44. Who courteously entreated Paul, and gave him liberty to go unto his friends to refresh himself?_____________
45. After they launched, they sailed under Cyprus "WHY?"______________________________
46. Who said this unto Paul? "Fear not, Paul; thou must be brought before Caesar: and, lo, God hath given thee all them that sail with thee."__________________
47. How many souls were in the ship?________________________________
48. What island did the ship Paul was in shipwreck on? ________________
49. What came out of the heat and fastened onto Paul's hand?___________________
50. What verse is this?"Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him." Acts ____:____
Give yourself 10 Points for reading the entire book of acts.____________
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Website URL: http://members.tripod.com/~TimothyV/index-281.html
September Bible Study 2003 NTO #2 Questions
The Book For This Study: Matthew
1. Mary, the Mother of Jesus was with child before her and Joseph came together, Joseph being a just man, was minded to do what because he did not want to make her a publick example? ____________________________________
2. Who said this? "Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship mim."___________________________
3. Who took who up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple? And, in what verse is this?______________ Matthew_____:____
4. And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, "What did his disciples do?"____________________
5. Where can I find this verse? "And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying,"Matthew____:____
6. Who said this, and in what verse was it said?"wherefore think ye evil in your hearts?___________Matthew ____:____
7. When you come into a house "DO WHAT TO IT?" ____________________________
8. Jesus said: "And _____________ is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
9. What verse is this? "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew ____:____
10. According to Jesus what did David Do on the sabbath that was not lawful for him to do?____________________
11. What do the priests do on the sabbath, and are blameless?________________________
12. Did Jesus say this? "For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother."________________.
13. Read Matthew 13:1 through 13:9 and on the back of the paper briefly tell me what Jesus meant by these parables.
14. In what chapter and verse did you find the answer for question 12?____________
15. What did Jesus do when he sent the multitudes away?______________________
16. What did the daughter of He-ro'-di-as do before king Herod to please him?__________________
17. True or false: "And Jesus went forth, and saw a great multitude, and was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick."_____________
18. About how many did eat of the five loaves and two fishes after Jesus looking up to heaven blessed and brake the food? ___________________________
19. What did the disciples do that made the scribes and Pharisees say they were transgressing the tradition of the elders? __________________________________________________________________
20. According to Jesus if the blind lead the blind, what will happen to them?___________________________
21. After Jesus sent away the multitudes, he took a ship and came into the coast of ______________________
22. In what verse did Jesus ask his disciples this question? "Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?____________
23. Who said this? "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God."_____________________________
24. Who did Jesus say this to? "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."_________________________________
25. Who appeared unto Peter, James, and John when Jesus was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment white as the light? _____________________________________
26. Jesus charged Peter, James, and John to tell what about the vision as they came down from the mountain?__________________________________
27. According to the scriptures in Matthew Chapter 17, who was John the Baptist?_________________
28. The disciples came unto Jesus saying: Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven? Who did Jesus say was the greatest?________________________
29. What does Matthew 18:10 mean? Write on back of paper.
30. Where can I find this verse? "Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."___________________________
31. In what chapter and verse in the book of Matthew did Jesus say this? "Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning MADE THEM MALE AND FEMALE." Matthew ____:____
32. What did jesus do after he laid hands on the little children?______________
33. And ever one that hath forsaken houses, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall recieve "WHAT?"_______________
34. In what chapter and what verse in the book of Matthew does the householder agree with the labourers for a penny a day? Matthew ____:____
BONUS QUESTION, Worth 5 Points! "How much did a penny amount to in that day?"_______________________
35. Read Matthew 20:1 through 20:16, On the back of the paper briefly tell me what you think this story means.
36. How many disciples did Jesus send into the village to find an ass tied, and a colt with her:?_______________
37. And the multitudes that went before, and that followed cried WHAT? ________________________
38. Where can I find this verse?"And the multitude said, This is Jesus the prophet of Nazareth of Galilee."Matthew ____: ____
39. Who's image was on the penny that Jesus asked to see?__________________
40. Complete this verse: "I AM THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, AND THE GOD OF ISAAC, AND THE GOD OF JACOB?_______________________________________
41. The second commandment is like unto the first, what is the second commandment? _____________________________________________________________________
42. True of False: "And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.___________
43. In the book of Matthew, what did Jesus say about a gnat, and a camel in the same verse?________________________________
44. Read Matthew chapter 24. but, before you do ask God to open your eye's to the meaning of every verse, read it without interruption, and read it with the understanding that God will reveal something to you that you have not seen before in this chapter. Praise God!
45. What did the virgins take forth to meet the bridegroom?_____________________
46. In Matthew 25:1 through 25:13, what does this story mean?
47. Where can I find this verse? "When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:_______________:____
48. Who said this? " Sit ye here, while I go and pray yonder." _______________
49. From what hour unto what hour was there darkness over all the land?__________________________
50. Who said this? "Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified."_______________________
Give yourself 10 Points if you read the entire B00K of Matthew________________
Return This Study To:
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Website URL: Bible Study Information