April Bible Study 2003 NTO Cover Sheet
Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
You know our Lord has given us the authority to do the same thing as his disciples. We have the very same authority, with the same power backing it up as the disciples had. The church today can cast out unclean spirits by the authority given us by Jesus, through the name of Jesus we have the authority to heal all manner of sickness and disease. Through the Holy name of Jesus, his authority, his power, and for his glory we can do even greater things than Jesus himself did when he walked on earth! In Matthew 10:8 Jesus said: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have recieved, freely give." This was Jesus speaking to his disciples, and we have the same authority as they did, therefore we through the name of Jesus, and for his glory can do the same things. We have authority over Satan himself through the name of Jesus, In Matthew 16:23 Jesus said:"Get thee behind me Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." Through the name of Jesus we have the same authority that Jesus used in this verse, and the Lord God Almighty will stand behind us with all of his power and might!
My prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the undeniable faith, and belief that you bring into the lives of your faithful children. Through our faith, and belief in you and your son Jesus Christ who died for our sins, and then you raised from the dead, all things are possible. Through that belief and faith in you Father God we know that we will have eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. I thank you my God for giving us the opportunity to repent of our sins, and making it possible for us to get those sins under the precious Blood of the Lamb, which gives us eternal life in heaven where we will be forever praising you. Father I pray that you will use us while we are still here on earth, use us for your glory Lord, use the willing vessels Lord to spread your everlasting word, give us boldness Lord, and courage, and fill our hearts with love and compassion for our fellow man. I ask this in Jesus holy name, Amen.
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-Mail: E-Mail Tim
Website Link: Click Here For Bible Study Info.
April Bible Study 2003 N.T.O. Questions
The Book For This Study IS: LUKE.
1. When an angel of the Lord appeared unto Zach-a-ri'-as, the angel told him to name his son what? ________________
2. How many months did Elisabeth hide herself after she concieved?_______________
3. Complete this Verse: And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, WHAT?__________________________________________
4. Which Chapter, and Verse in the book of Luke is this? "And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. _____________________________
5. What did Jesus tell the soldiers that came to him likewise demanding of him sayin, And what shall we do? ______________________________________________________________
6. Complete this verse: "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven which said, WHAT?______________________________
7. What did the devil want Jesus to command the stone to turn into? __________________
8. In the days of E-li'-as there was great famine in the land, how long was the heavens shut up? _____________________
9. When Jesus was in a certain city, what did he do to the man that had leprosy to make him clean right before he said: I will: be thou clean. _____________________
10. Who said this? "What reason ye in your hearts?"__________________
11. What did Jesus tell the man with the withered hand to do?___________________________
12. Name the 12 disciples._______________________________________________
13. What Chapter, and Verse in the book of Luke is this? "And he came and touched the bier: and they that bare him stood still. And he said, Young man, I say unto thee, arise. ______________
14. Who was Jesus speaking to when he said this? "Thou hast rightly judged." ______________
15. How many devils went out of Mary called Magdalene? _____________
16. True or False: "And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead, but sleepeth." ____________________
17. Who did Jesus send to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.______________
18. How many loaves, and how many fishes did Jesus have when he fed the multitude. ____________________________
19. Who did Peter say he thought Jesus was?_______________________
20. Multiple choice: "Go your ways: behold, I send you forth as lambs among WHAT? 1. Goats. 2. Wolves. 3. Shepherds. 4. Sheep. ________________
21. True or false: "And into whatsoever house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. _______
22. In what Chapter and Verse does Jesus speak about an egg?____________________
23. What Chapter, and Verse is this?"Laying wait for him, and seeking to catch something out of his mouth, that they might accuse him.__________________________
24. What does Luke 12:40 mean? ________________________________________
25. How many years did the woman have the a spirit of infirmity?________________
26. IN what Chapter and Verse does Jesus speak about a fox?______________________
27. Fill in the Blank:"And ____________ doth not ____________ his ____________, and come after me, Cannot be my ____________."
28. Read Luke 15:11 through Luke 15:32, who is this story about?____________________
29. True or False: "And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quiclky, and write fifty."__________________
30. What was the name of the beggar, full of sores, that was laid at the gate of the rich man. _________________
31. Who did the rich man see afar off, across a great gulf after he had lifted up his eyes in hell? ________________.
32. How many brothers did the rich man have that he wanted to warn about hell, but the Abraham saiith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them?_____________
33. If our brother trespass against us we should rebuke him, and if he repent, what should we do? _____________________.
34. What did the Apostles say unto the Lord?________________________
35. As Jesus went to Jerusalem, he passed through the midst of Sa-ma'-ri-a and Galilee. And he entered into a certain village: HOW Many lepers did he meet there?______________
36. Which Chapter and Verse in Luke is this? 'And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;" Luke :
37. Fill in the Blank:"And ____________ he recieved his ______________, and followed him, glorifying ____________; and all the people, when they saw it, gave __________ unto God."
38. Who was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich. ____________________
39. What kind of animal did Jesus send two of his disciples to find for him to ride?___________. (Hint: It wasn't called an ass in Luke)
40. What did they cast upon the colt before they sat Jesus thereon?_____________________
41. Who said this?"The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men?_______________
42. Who do you think this is talking about? "THE STONE WHICH THE BUILDERS REJECTED, THE SAME IS BECOME THE HEAD OF THE CORNER?"__________________
43. Will people marry each other in heaven? Circle one: YES NO
44. Which Chapter and Verse is this? "And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolk, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death."Luke :
45. Complete this verse:"And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, ______________________________.
46. What is another name for the feast of unleavened bread?_____________________
47. After Jesus had prayed, and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground, he found the disciples asleep, what did he say unto them?_______________
48. "And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord , how he had said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice." Then what did Peter do?" ________________________________________________________
49. Who said this? "I find no fault in this man." ____________________
50. Which Chapter, and Verse in the book of Luke is this?"And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. A-men."Luke :
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-Mail Address: E-Mail Tim
Website Link: Click here For Bible Study Info.