April Bible Study 2003 Cover Sheet
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-Mail: E-mail Tim
Website Link: Link To Bible Study Info.
Matthew 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
You know our Lord has given us the authority to do the same thing as his disciples. We have the very same authority, with the same power backing it up as the disciples had. The church today can cast out unclean spirits by the authority given us by Jesus, through the name of Jesus we have the authority to heal all manner of sickness and disease. Through the Holy name of Jesus, his authority, his power, and for his glory we can do even greater things than Jesus himself did when he walked on earth! In Matthew 10:8 Jesus said: "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have recieved, freely give." This was Jesus speaking to his disciples, and we have the same authority as they did, therefore we through the name of Jesus, and for his glory can do the same things. We have authority over Satan himself through the name of Jesus, In Matthew 16:23 Jesus said:"Get thee behind me Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men." Through the name of Jesus we have the same authority that Jesus used in this verse, and the Lord God Almighty will stand behind us with all of his power and might!
My prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the undeniable faith, and belief that you bring into the lives of your faithful children. Through our faith, and belief in you and your son Jesus Christ who died for our sins, and then you raised from the dead, all things are possible. Through that belief and faith in you Father God we know that we will have eternal life in the kingdom of heaven. I thank you my God for giving us the opportunity to repent of our sins, and making it possible for us to get those sins under the precious Blood of the Lamb, which gives us eternal life in heaven where we will be forever praising you. Father I pray that you will use us while we are still here on earth, use us for your glory Lord, use the willing vessels Lord to spread your everlasting word, give us boldness Lord, and courage, and fill our hearts with love and compassion for our fellow man. I ask this in Jesus holy name, Amen.
April Bible Study 2003 Questions #1
This Months Books To Read: 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah
1. What was the name of the young virgin that was brought to king David in his old age? ____________________________________.
2. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?:"And King Solomon sent by the hand of Be-na'-iah the son of Je-hoi'-a-da; and he fell upon him that he died."___________________________.
3. What did king Solomon command Hiram to do, and to bring him out of Leb'-a-non? ______________________________________________________.
4. What is the Hebrew word for July?______________________________________.
5. What did king Solomon give to the queen of She'-ba?______________________.
6. True or False:"Moreover the Lord shall raise him up a king over Israel, who shall cut off the house of Jer-o-bo'-am that day: but what? even now."_____________________________.
7. What was the name of Je'-hu's father?___________________________________.
8. Who did the Lord tell E-li'-jah to shew himself to before he would send rain upon the earth? ________________________________.
9. Who was Jer-o-bo'-am's father?________________________________________.
10. When did Moab rebel against Israel?____________________________________.
11. Who was the god of Ek'-ron?__________________________________________.
12. How many times did the dead child sneeze before he opened his eyes?____________.
13. In what Book, Chapter, and Verse did the iron swim?___________________________.
14. E-li'-sha said that the Lord had called for a famine: How long was the famine to last? _________________________________.
15. In the Book of 2 Kings, who was the king of Syria?_____________________________.
16. How old was Je-ho'-ram when he began to reign?_________________________. And how long did he reign in Jerusalem?__________________________________.
17. What was the name of Jo'-ash's son that was the king of Judah?____________________, and how old was he when he began to reign?_______________________, and how long did he reign in Jerusalem?_________________________________.
18. True or False:"Sixteen years old was Ahaz when he began to reign, and reigned twenty years in Jerusalem, and did not that which was right in the sight of the Lord his God, like David his father." _________________________________.
19. Zach-a-ri'-ah's grandson born to his daughter A'-bi was how old when he began to reign? _______________________, what was his name?___________________________.
20. Fill in the Blank:"Now it came to pass in the ____________________ year of ____________________ son of ____________________ king of Israel, that __________________ the son of Ahaz king of Judah began to reign.
21. Who reigned when Sam'-lah was dead?________________________________. 22. True or False:"And they transgressed against the God of their fathers, and went a whoring after the gods of the people of the land, whom God destroyed before them."__________________.
23. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"For these Levites, the four chief porters, were in their set office, and were over the chambers and treasuries of the house of God."______________.
24. How long did the ark of God remain with the family of O'-bed-e'-dom?_________________.
25. What was Tib'-hath?___________________________.
26. Who said this?"This is the house of the Lord God, and this is the altar of the burnt offering for Israel.__________________________________________.
27. True or False:"And his brethren, men of valour, were two thousand and seven hundred chief fathers, whom king David made rulers over the Reu'-ben-ites, the Gad'-ites, and the half tribe of Ma-nas'-seh, for every matter pertaining to God, and affairs of the King."_____________.
28. God chose who to build his palace?_____________________.
29. What is written in these books? The book of Samuel the seer, the book of Nathan the Prophet, and the book of Gad the seer.__________________________________________.
30. When did Solomon begin to build the house of the Lord at Jerusalem in mount Mo-ri'-ah? _________________________________________________________.
31. What was the measurements of the brasen scaffold that Solomon made and set in the midst of the court?_________________________________________________.
32. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "Happy are thy men, and happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and hear thy wisdom."_________________.
33. Now when Re-ho-bo'-am had established the kingdom, and became king. He lost the land of Israel to Shi'-shak the king of Egypt, the children of Israel were not destroyed, but they were made to become the servants of Shi'-shak. What did Re-ho-bo'-am do to cause this?__________________________________________________________.
34. Whose heart was perfect all his days?________________________________.
35. Who set judges in the land throughout all the fenced cities of Judah, city by city? ________________________________________.
36. Where did Je-hosh'-a-phat sleep?____________________________________. Where was he buried?________________________________________________. And who reigned in his stead?_________________________________________.
37. And after all this the Lord smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease. Who is this verse talking about?______________________________________________________.
38. Shesh-baz'-zar was the prince of WHERE?___________________________.
39. How long did the work of the house of God which is in Jerusalem cease, when the copy of king Ar-tax-erx'-es letter was read before Re'-hum, and Shim'-shai the scribe.________________________________________________________________.
40. Who is these two scriptures speaking about? (1) And he came to Jerusalem in the fifth month, which was in the seventh year of the king. (2) For upon the first day of the first month began he to go up from Babylon, and on the first day of the fifth month came he to Jerusalem, according to the good hand of his God upon him.____________________________________________. What Book, Chapter, and Verse are the two scriptures above from?_________________________-.
41. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"That Ha-na'-ni, one of my brethren, came, he and certain men of Judah; and I asked them concerning the jews that had escaped, which were left of the captivity, and concerning Jerusalem.______________________.
42. True Or False:"Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven."________________________________________.
43. What was E-li'-a-shib's title?___________________________.
44. Name the two people, and the three peoples that conspired together to come and to fight against Jerusalem, and to hinder it?_______________________.
45. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"So the wall was finished in the twenty and fifth day of the month E'-lul, in fifty and two days."_____________________.
46. When did Ezra bring the book of the law of Moses before the congregation? ______________________________________________________.
47. What did the children of Israel do on the twenty and fourth day of the seventh month? ______________________________________________________.
48. What were the children of Israel to do with the firstfruits of the ground, and the firstfruits of all fruit of all trees, year by year?_____________________________.
49. What happened to all the men that willingly offered themselves to dwell at Jerusalem? _____________________________________________________.
50. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"Thus cleansed I them from all strangers, and appointed the wards of the priests, and the Levites, every one in his business:______________________.
Give yourself 10 Points if your read all the Books for this month._____________________.
Website Link: Click Here For Bible Study Info.
E-Mail Address: E-mail Tim
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
April Bible Study 2003 Questions #2
This Months Books Are: 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra, Nehemiah
1. What was Za'-dok's title?____________________
2. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? And all Israel heard of the judgement which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgement. _________________
3. True or False: "Then sat Solomon upon the throne of David his father; and his kingdom was established greatly." _____________________
4. Who said this? "Comest thou peaceably?"______________________. What Book, Chapter, and Verse was it said in? ________________________.
5. When did God say this to Solomon? "Ask what I shall give thee,"__________________.
6. Who said this? "Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other." ______________________. What Book, Chapter, and Verse was it said in? ________________.
7. What did the people of All Israel do when they heard of the judgement of king Solomon concerning the child? _____________________.
8. Who was the king of Ba'-shan in the days of Solomon? ____________________.
9. Where can the acts of Je-hosh'-a-phat concerning his might, and how he warred be found? ________________________.
10. Who is the god of Ek'-ron? ____________________________.
11. Who said this? "If I be a man of God, then let fire come down from heaven, and consume thee and thy fifty." _____________________.
12. Where can you find the rest of the acts of A-ha-zi'-ah written? ______________________.
13. Who said this first? "Knowest thou that the Lord will take away thy master from thy head to day?" __________________________________________
14. Who said this? "Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the Lord hath sent me to Jordan." ________________
15. What did E-li'-sha say when E-li'-jah said this? "Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee." ___________________________________________________________.
16. What was E-li'-sha's servants name when he passed to Shu'-nem? ________________.
17. Who reigned in the stead of Jo'-ram? ________________________.
18. Who said this? "Behold, we are thy bone and thy flesh." ________________________.
19. Where did the host of the Phi-lis'-tines encamp?_______________________________.
20. Who slew an Egyptian five cubits high? __________________________.
21. Who dispised king David in their heart when they saw him dancing?____________________.
22. True or False: "And he appointed certain of the Levites to minister before the ark of the Lord, and to record, and to thank and praise the Lord God of Israel: ____________________
23. Fill in the Blank: For __________ is the Lord, and greatly to be __________: he also is to be __________ above all __________.
24. Who said this? "Do all that is in thine heart; for God is with thee."________________
25. Multiple choice: Who said this? "The Lord God of Israel hath given rest unto his people, that they may dwell in Jerusalem for ever:" 1. Solomon. 2. God. 3. David. 4. Moses. ______________
26. Who made the brasen altar that was put before the tabernacle of the Lord?___________
27. Who made the pots, shovels, and basons for king Solomon for the house of God? ____________________
28. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "And these were the chief of king Solomon's officers, even two hundred and fifty, that bare rule over the people."__________________
29. How many years did A-bi'-jah reign in Jerusalem?________________. What was his mother's name? ____________________.Who did A-bi'-jah go to war with?_______________.
30. Who said this? "Thus shall ye do in the fear of the Lord, faithfully, and with a perfect heart. ____________________.
31. Who came up against Je-hoi'-a-kim, and bound him in fetters, to carry him to babylon. _____________________.
32. Jesh'-u-a was the son of WHO? _________________
33. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "We certify the king that, if this city be builded again, and the walls thereof set up, by this means thou shalt have no portion on this side the river." _____________________
34. Who was governor on this side the river?______________________
35. Complete this verse: "And whosoever will not do the law of thy God, and the law of the king, let judgement be executed speedily upon him,______________________________________________________________________________.
36. Who made the chief priests, the Levites, and all Israel swear that they should do according to this word._____________________
37. Where did they make a proclamation, and to whom did they make it to, that they should gather themselves together unto Jerusalem._________________________________________.
38. What Ezra's title?___________________________
39. Who was Ja-ha-zi'-ah the son of?__________________________
40. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "And they made an end with all the men that had taken strange wives by the first day of the first month."_________________
41. What happened to the wall of Jerusalem, and what happened to the gates? __________________________________________________________.
42. Who was the keeper of king Ar-tax-erx'-es forest?_______________________
43. Who was Im'-ri's son?__________________--
44. Who mocked the Jews when he found out they had builded a wall?________________________
45. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "And there was a great cry of the people and of their wives against their brethren the Jews." ___________________________
46. Who was She-ma'-iah the son of?______________________________
47. Who said this? "That they should not eat of the most holy things, till there stood up a priest with U'-rim and Thum'-mim." ________________________________
48. Where did Ezra the scribe stand when he read from the book of the law of Moses? _________________________________
49. How did the people decide which tenth of the people would dwell in Jerusalem the holy city? __________________________________
50. What was E-li'-a-shib's title?__________________________
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-Mail Address: E-mail Tim
Website Link: Click Here For Bible Study Info.