January Bible Study 2003 #1 Cover Sheet
This Months Books Are: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Matthew 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.
A new year has begun! Another year to Praise and Worship our Lord. My New Years Resolution is to get as close to God as I possibly can. What is it that you want in this new year? Do you desire to know the Lord God better? Do you want to have a personal relationship with God? Do you want the Savior to be your best friend? Do you want Jesus to be with you all of the time? You can have all of this, and more! If you desire to know the Lord better, spend more time with him! Prayer is a sure way to get to know God better. A personal relationship with God is a wonderful thing to experience! Humble yourself before God, Praise and Worship the Lord God Almighty, this will bring you into a very close personal relationship with your God, this is also what the Lord wants! Jesus is my best friend, Jesus wants to be your best friend too! A best friend is always there when you need him, and Jesus is! A best friend will always listen when you have something to say, Jesus always listens to those of us that are his best friends! A best friend will help you if you ask and believe that he will, Jesus will never let you down, He is the greatest friend I have ever had, and he is your friend too. Jesus will always be with us, we may not see him, but he is there. He is walking beside of us, lifting us up when we face the trials and tribulations of this world. As long as we have Jesus in our lives, there is nothing that we cannot conquer in this life. Praise and Worship the Lord God Almighty, because he is worthy!
Please pray for the children, and young adults around the world. Let's pray that they will give their lives to the holiest of holies, pray that they will learn about Jesus and ask him into their hearts, and lives. The more children that turn to God now, the more adults we will have living for God in 10 years! Pray for our Pastor, and your's! Pray for the leaders of the nations around the world, they need the guidance of God now more than ever in modern times. Pray for the other leaders in the churches, that their lights will shine and be seen by someone lost in the darkness. Pray that the members of our congregations will shine like a beacon in the fog, and guide the lost into the churches!
Make it a habit to invite at least one person to church every day. You may invite 20 before one agrees to come, 5 may agree to come before one finally does show up, 3 may show up before one finally gives their heart to God, but to me that one that gives their heart to God would be worth asking 100,000, don't you think.
E-mail Address: E-mail Tim
Website URL: Click here For Bible Study Info.
January Bible Study 2003 #1 Questions
The Books To Read For January Are: Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus
Remember You Get 10 Extra Points For Reading All Of The Books!
1. Complete this verse: "And God made two great lights: _____ _________ _______ ___ ______ _____ _____, ______ _____ ________ _______ ____ ______ _____ ______: ____ ______ _____ _______ ______.
2. What did God speak into existence in Genesis 1:20? __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ and __________.
3. What was Noah's three son's names? __________, __________, and __________.
4. What day, and what month did the Ark rest upon the mountains of Ar'-a-rat? __________ __________, __________ __________.
5. Who did God say this to: "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: __________."
6. How old was Abram when the Lord appeared and said unto him: "I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. __________ ________ ________ ________ ________ "
7. How old was Sarah, Abraham's wife when she died? ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________.
8. What was Rebekah's father;s name? ________.
9. What was the name of Abraham's son that Ha'-gar the Egyptian, Sarah's handmaid, bare unto him? ________.
10. How old was Esau when he took to wife Judith? ________ ________ ________
11. What was Esau's brother's name that stole his blessing? ________
12. What was the name of Leah's firstborn son? ________.
13. On what day was Laban told that Jacob was fled? ________.
14. How many men did Esau have with him when he came to meet Jacob? ________.
15. How many times did Jacob bow to the ground until he came near to his brother? ________.
16. Complete this verse: "The sons of Jacob came upon the slain, and spoiled the city. ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
17. What did Pharaoh stand by in his dream? ________.
18. What did Joseph command the stewards of his house to put in Benjamin's, his youngest brother's sack's mouth with his corn money? ________ ________ ________.
19. How many days did the Egyptians mourn when Jacob Yielded up the ghost? ________ ________ ________ ________.
20. How old was Joseph when he died? ________ ________ ________ ________.
21. What did the king of Egypt tell the midwives to do to the children of the Hebrew women? ________ ________ ________ ________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________ ________: ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________.
22. What did God say to Moses when he said: "Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? What shall I say unto them? ________ ________ ________ ________ ________:
23. In what chapter and verse did God tell Moses his name? ________ ________: ________.
24. How old was Moses, and how old was Aaron when they spake unto Pharaoh? ________, ________.
25. Fill in the blank: "Only in the land of ________, where the children of Israel were, was there no hail.
26. Complete this verse: "Now the sojourning of the children of Israel, who dwelt in Egypt, ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________.
27. Who's bones did Moses carry up out of Egypt with him? ________
28. What happened with a blast of God's nostrils? ________ ________ ________ ________ ________.
29. What did God tell Moses he would rain from heaven? ________
30. What did the people do when they saw the thunderings, and lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking? ________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________.
31. Complete this verse: "And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________.
32. How many pillars was there in the altar under the hill that Moses built? ________
33. True or False: "And thou shalt make a covering for the tent of rams; skins dyed red,"
34. Complete this verse: "And thou shalt make staves for the altar, staves of ________ ________, and overlay them with ________.
35. What chapter and verse in Exodus is this? "And thou shalt make a plate of pure gold, and grave upon it, like the engravings of a signet, HOLINESS TO THE LORD"
36. Where shall Aaron and his sons put their hands on the ram? ________ ________
37. In what chapter and verse did God tell Moses they were a stiffnecked people? ________ ________:________
38. True or False: "The children of Israel brought spices and oil as an offering unto the Lord."
39. True or False: "And Be-zal'-e-el made the ark of gopher wood, "
40. What covered the tent of the congregation? And what filled the tabernacle? ________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________.
41. In the book of Leviticus: "What shall be killed before the Lord? " ________ ________.
42. What chapter and verse in Leviticus is this? " And thou shalt put oil upon it, and lay frankencinse thereon: it is a meat offering. "
43. True or False: "And the priest that is anointed shall bring of the bullock's blood to the tabernacle of the congregation:"
44. If he bring a lamb for a sin offering: What kind of lamb shall he bring? "________ ________ ________ ________."
45. How long shall the fire be burning upon the altar? "________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
46. Are these clean or unclean to the Jewish people in the old testament? "Ferret, chameleon, lizard, snail, and the mole." ________
47. True or False: "This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest. "
48. The Lord told Moses and Aaron that when any man hath a running issue out of his flesh, He is what? ________
49. Complete this verse: "And the fat of the sin offering shall he "________ ________ ________ ________ ________"
50. Which chapter and verse from Leviticus is this? "These are the commandments, which the Lord commanded Moses for the children of Israel in mount Si'-nai. "
Give yourself 10 points if you read all three of the books in this study.
For Your Information:
There are six Messianic prophecy in the book of Genesis.
They are: Genesis 3:15, 12:2, 17:7, 22:18, 26:4, 49:10.
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-mail: E-mail Tim
Website Link: Click Here For Bible Study Info.
January Bible Study #2, 2003
This is the extra 50 question for Jan. making it 100 questions.
Books to read are: Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus.
1. "And a river went out of Eden to water the garden;" What was the name of this river? ________.
2. What Chapter and verse in Genesis is this? "And the Lord said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?" Genesis ___:___.
3. Complete this verse: "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth," ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
4. What did Noah send out from the ark first to search for land? ________.
5. What was Abraham very rich in? "________ ________ and ________."
6. What did Sarah do when she heard the Lord tell Abraham that he and Sarah would have a son, and they had already waxed old?"________."
7. How old was Isaac when Abraham circumcised him?"________ ________."
8. Fill in the Blank: "And after this, ________ buried ________ his wife in the cave of the field of Machpelah before ________: the same is Hebron in the land of ________.
9. Who is the grandfather of Rebekah?"________.
10. True or False: "And there was set meat before him to eat: but he said, I will not eat, until I have told mine errand, and he said, speak on."________"
11. How many years did Jacob agree to serve for Rachel?"________.
12. How many year did Jacob finally serve Laban to have Rachel as his wife?"_________"
13. What was the name of Leah's fourth son? ________.
14. Who is Jacob talking about here: "my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellency of dignity, and the excellency of power:"________"(Hint: It is not the Lord)
15. And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, (What was the oath he took?) ________ ________ ________ ________ ________, _________ ________ ________ ________ ________ _________ ________ ________ ________."
16. What did the Egyptians make the children of Israel serve with?________."
17. "And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh:" And what was Aaron to Moses?" ________.
18. What happened when Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt?"________ ________ ________ ________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
19. True or False: "And when Pharaoh saw that the rain and the hail and the thunders were ceased, he sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his servants." ________."
20. True or False: "Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, and in the sixth day shall be a feast to the Lord?"________"
21. What did Miriam the prophetess take in her had?"________"
22. In Exodus it speaks of Moses building an altar, "What was the name of the altar?"___________"
23. What was the name of Moses' father in law?"__________"
24. Complete this verse: "An altar of earth thou shalt make unto me, and shalt sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
25. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt."________ ___:___."
26. AND the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Speak unto the children of Israel, that they bring me an offering: of every man that giveth it willingly with his heart ye shall take my offering. "What are the 15 different kinds of offerings the Lord named?" ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
27. And thou shalt make curtains of goats hair to be a covering upon the tabernacle:"How many curtains did God say make?"________"
28. How many cubits shall be the hangings for the breadth of the court on the west side be?"________. How many cubits for their pillars?________. How many cubits for their sockets?________."
29. What color shall the robe of the e'-phod be?"________"
30. True or False: "And thou shalt kill the bullock before the Lord, inside on the altar of the tabernacle of the congregation."_________"
31. What kind of noise did Joshua tell Moses he heard in the camp?"________ ________ ________ ________."
32. What was upon the tabernacle by day?"________: And what was upon it by night?"________"
33. Fill in the Blank: "And the two ________, and the ________ that is upon them, which is by the ________, and the caul above the ________, with the ________, it shall he take away,
34. True or False: "Or if he touch the uncleanness of man, whatsoever uncleanness it be that a man shall be defiled withal, and it be hid from him; when he knoweth of it, then he shall be guilty."________"
35. What shall all the males among the children of Aaron eat?"________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
36. What shall be done with the remainder of the flesh of the sacrifice on the third day?"________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
37. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?" For I am the Lord that bringeth you up out of the land of Egypt, to be your God: ye shall therefor be holy, for I am holy."________ ___:___."
38. True or False: "When the plague of leprosy is in a man, then he shall be brought unto the priest;"________"
39. What shall the priest command to be killed in an earthen vessell over running water?"________ ________ ________ ________."
40. The priest shall sprinkle the oil from his left hand with his right finger how many times before the Lord?"________"
41. What shall the priest do with the cedar wood, and the hyssop, and the scarlet, and the living bird?"________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________ ________."
42. Where will God appear upon the mercy seat?"________ ________ ________."
43. True or False:"And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto devils, after whom they have gone a whoring. This shall be a statute for ever unto them throughout their generations."________"
44. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not do what to the corners of thy field?"________ ________"
45. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the Lord am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine."________ ___:___"
46. Who shall not eat of the holy thing?"________ ________, ________ ________ ________ ________ ________, ________ _______ ________ _________."
47. What feast did the Israelites proclaim on the fifteenth day of the first month?"________ ________ ________ ________."
48. True or False: "He shall order the lamps upon the pure candlesticks before the congregation continually."________"
49. Fill in the Blank:" But if he will at all ________it, the he shall add a ________ part thereof unto thy estimation."
50. Concerning tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod:"What shall be holy unto the Lord?"________ ________"
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-mail: E-mail Tim
Website Link: Click Here For Bible Study Info.
January BIBLE STUDY 2003 N.T.O. (New Testament Only)
Matthew 1-28, Mark 1-16, Luke 1-24
1. The generation from Abraham to David are how many?
2. Who appeared unto Joseph in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto the Mary thy wife; for that which is concieved in her is of the Holy Ghost?
3. From where did the wise men come when Jesus was born?
4. Where did the wise men go after being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod?
5. What did John the Baptist eat and what was his raiment made of?
6. When Jesus was baptised, went up straightway out of the water and lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw what?
7. After being tempted by the devil and the devil leaveth him, who came unto Jesus?
8. When Jesus was walking by the sea of Galilee, he saw Simon called Peter and Andrew his brother, what were they doing?
9. Jesus said what about the meek?
10. Jesus said ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy, what did Jesus say in the verse that followed it?
11. Jesus said, And when thou prayest thou shalt not be as hypocritesare; for they love what?
12. Jesus said, For where your treasure is, there will what be also?
13. Who said this to Jesus, "For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me, and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth, and to another, come, and he cometh, and to my servant, do this, and he doeth it"?
14. When Jesus told the devils to go, and when they came out, they went into the herd of swine; where did the whole herd of swine go?
15. When the Pharisees ask the disciples, Why eateth your Master with the Publicans and sinners, when Jesus heard, what was Jesus' reply?
16. When Jesus called unto him twelve disciples, what did he give to them?
17. Name the twelve disciples?
18. True Or False: Jesus said to his didciples, freely we have recieved freely give.
19. Jesus said, for the tree is known by what?
20. What did Jesus say about every idle word that men shall speak?
21. What did Jesus say the seed among the thorns means?
22. Herodias was the wife of whom?
23. In the fourth watch of the night where did Jesus go?
24. Where can I find this scripture? And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
25. To what place did Jesus go when he was resurrected from the dead?
26. When Jesus cast devils out of people, he suffered them not ot speak, Why?
27. When David and his men went into the house of God and did eat the shewbread, who was the high priest?
28. After Jesus healed the man with the withered hand, who did the Pharisees' take counsel with that they might destroy Jesus?
29. Why did Timaeus' son sit by the wayside begging?
30. Who was Timaeus' son?
31. What did Jesus say the second greatest commandment was?
32. Where did Jesus tell his disciples he would go after he was risen?
33. Who wrote unto Theophilus because he had perfect understanding of all things?
34. Elizabeth was the daughter of whom?
35. Esli was the son of whom?
36. Whose Mother-in-law did Jesus heal, who was sick of a great fever?
37. Jesus stood by the lake of Gennesoret and saw two ships standing by the lake, the fishermen were not in these ships, where were they and what were they doing?
38. What were the names of the fishermen that were from the two ships?
39. True Or False: Jesus said Capernaum was exalted unto heaven but shall be thrust down to hell.
40. True Or False: Jesus said Lawyers had taken away the key of knowledge.
41. True Or False: A man's life consisteth in the abundance of the things that he possesseth.
42. There is joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth in the presence of who?
43. How many of the ten lepers that Jesus healed returned to thank him for their healing?
44. True Or False: Jesus said that the kingdom of God cometh not with observation.
45. What was one of the questions that was asked Jesus to try to trick him?
46. What four things did the scribes desire?
47. Jesus said, "In your _________________________________ Possess ye your souls.
48. Who came to jesus in the garden at Mt. Olive, when he was praying, and strengthened him?
49. How many men and how many women accused Peter of being one of Jesus' followers?
50. Who arose, and ran unto the sepulchre and stooping down, he beheld the linen clothes laid by themselves, and departed, wondering in himself that which was come to pass?
Give yourself 10 extra points if you read all book involved with this study.
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
E-mail: E-mail Tim
Website Link: Link To Bible Study Info.