August Bible Study 2003 NTO #1
The Revelation Of Jesus Christ
The book of Revelation, the last book of the bible. Many people do not like this book, but I find it exciting! I know that people believe differently about the end days. I am writing this cover sheet based on my belief. I believe in the rapture of the church, I believe that Jesus will return in the clouds of glory to take us home before the seven year tribulation period starts. Some people believe we will have to endure the tribulation, but I am not one of them. And my belief allows me to be excited about the book of revelation, and not fear it!
Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
This is a powerful verse. This is God telling us right up front who he is. All through the bible God tells us who he is, he don't say I may be, or I could be, or what if I was, no he tells us he is, in Revelation 1:8 he says: I AM ! God knows who he is, and he wants us to know who he is too. So purpose in your heart who God really is, believe what his word says, trust in the Lord, and you will be fine while reading the book of Revelation. Ask God to open the meaning of this book up to you, ask him to reveal this book for what it really is, and he will. I could tell you what this book means to me, but, God don't want that, he wants to show you what the book of Revelation means. Many pastors, preachers, and evangelist do not preach much from the book of Revelation, and I think this is the reason why:
Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, A-men.
Revelation 1:3 says "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy" Many preachers state the verse: "Faith cometh by hearing" which is true, but in Revelation 1:3 it is written that "blessed is he that readeth" I believe that if we ask God to show us the meaning of this book, and then we read it with the understanding that God is going to reveal it to us, then we will be blessed with the total understanding of each verse. And with that complete understanding comes undeniable belief in God, which takes away any fear we may have about the book of Revelation. So ask God to reveal the book of Revelation to you, because "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand."
Revelation 1:7 says "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him," This is the second coming of Christ! It says every eye shall see him, not just the ones that have believed on him, but every eye! Jesus Christ will be seen with the fleshly eye again, every person on earth will see him with their eyes! There will be no denying him then. Every individual person shall see him. Just as every individual person has their own personal relationship with God, it becomes one on one with God in this verse, "And every eye shall see him" This is a statement, this is not a maybe, or a what if, or a could be, no this is a fact ! So don't shy away from the book of Revelation, it too is the word of God. God wants you to read it, and he wants to reveal it to you, for after all this is the end of the book, and the beginning of the end of evil on earth! I hope I haven't confused anyone, if I have let me know and I will try to explain it in a little more detail.
Heavenly Father, my glorious God, my heart cries praises to you, my soul craves your presence, my mouth confesses that you are the living God. I praise you my God, I worship you my Lord, for you are Jehovah God! Thank you Lord, thank you, thank you Jesus for taking my place in the lonesome, dark, evil place we call hell, because if it had not been for your three day decent into hell I would in no way be able to enter into the kingdom of heaven, thank you my Jesus for loving me that much, thank you for enduring the pain of being beat with a cat of nine tails, thank you for the thirty nine stripes you took for me so that I may be healed of any and all sickness, disease, or pain that Satan may try to put upon me, thank you Jesus for the torture you endured at the hands of the very people you came here to save, thank you Jesus for being crucified in my place! The pain must have been unbelievable my Lord, Thank You for suffering for me, thank you for dying for me, and above all thank you making a way for me to enter into the kingdom of God where I can stand before you "Face to face" and say Thank You! My God I pray that this cover sheet is a blessing to someone, and I pray that each and every person that reads this will be blessed abundantly by your loving grace. I thank you for my life here on earth my Father, and I thank you for my eternal life to come! In the name of my Redeemer Jesus Christ I pray, A-men.
August Bible Study "All" 2003
An Extra Page For The Glory Of God.
I want to give you some scriptures here and then what they mean from a little WWJD book I was loaned. This book was loaned to me by a young lady that totally believes in God. First though I want to tell you why she loaned me this book: This young lady does the bible studies every month. She is strong in the Lord. I spend several hours a week with her and her family, who all believe in the Lord, and I consider myself blessed by just knowing them. Anyway back to the little WWJD book (What Would Jesus Do). WWJD was one of my favorite sayings when I was dealing with her about the bible and about Gods word. I know she got tired of hearing me say WWJD! When she was fighting with her brother "Twin" I would say What Would Jesus Do, and of course that ended the disagreement for the time being. When she was having troubles with someone in school, again I came across with WWJD! You see where I am going with this, every problem was answered with WWJD, which for me works. Those four little letters (WWJD) can change an attitude instantly, they can replace a frown with a smile instantly, they can take a troubled mind and ease it instantly. So she managed to get in her possession this little WWJD book of which she handed me and said: Take it home with you and read it, I'll let you it's mine!" So I did, and I have read it several times, it has 60 different verses pertaining to WWJD and I would like to share a few of them with you, because they have inspired me so much, because her faith and belief in God builds my faith and belief in God, I don't want to cut her brother "Twin" short when it comes to God either, this young man is like a walking bible, I have never been one for memorizing verses, I know what they say, but most of them I cannot tell you where to find them in the bible, however this young man can listen to something you are talking about and know exactly what it says, and where it is located in the bible, and usually quote the verse word for word, it amazes me. This young lady, and young man are a great inspiration to me, they give me hope for the future, they bring peace into my life, they strengthen my walk with God by allowing me to observe their walk with God, and by allowing me to be a part of their lives I will be forever grateful to them and to God for bringing them into my life. This young lady and young man understand much more about God than many adult christians do. This young lady and young man are 12 years old!
I Peter 2:21 For even here unto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps.
WWJD says: HE WOULD BE AN EXAMPLE. We have been called to follow the example of Jesus' life and, be an example to others. Keep company with good men and good men you will imitate.
I Peter 2:21 "TLB" This suffering is all part of the work God has given you. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps
III John 1:3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. III John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
WWJD says: HE WOULD WALK IN TRUTH. When we walk in the truth we are walking in a manner worthy of God. Keep true, never be ashamed of doing right; decide on what you know is right and stick to it.
III John 1:3-4 "TLB" Some of the brothers traveling by have made me very happy by telling me that your life stays clean and true, and that you are living by the standards of the Gospel. I could have no greater joy than to hear such things about my children.
Luke 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
Luke 18:13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
Luke 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
WWJD Says: HE WOULD AVOID PRIDEFUL WORDS. Jesus warns us not to use words of pride to make ourselves look good to other people. Pride: the first peer and president of hell.
Luke 18:11-13-14 "TLB" The Pharisee stood alone and prayed, "God, I thank you that I am not like other people who steal, cheat, or take part in adultery.' The tax collector, standing at a distance, would not even look up to heaven. But he beat on his chest because he was so sad. He said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' ...All who make themselves great will be made humble, and all who make themselves humble will be made great."
If you would be interested in obtaining a copy of this little WWJD book here is the information about the publisher:
Honor Books, Inc.
P.O. Box 55388
Tulsa. Ok 74155
The title of the book is: answers to WWJD?
Other information: HB-462
Dallas, Texas 75243
August Bible Study 2003 NTO #1 Questions
This Months Book Is: Revelation
1. Who did God Signify the Book of Revelation unto?____________
2. Who is the first begotten of the dead? __________ __________
3. What Chapter and Verse is this in the Book of Revelation? "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and , behold, I am alive for evermore, A-men'; and have the keys of hell and of death." Revelation____:___
4. God was speaking to the church of Eph'-e-sus, and said: I have somewhat against thee, because "WHY"?__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________.
5. Where can I find this? "And I will give him the morning star." ____________:___
6. Unscramble this verse: (Hint, mirror) . nworc yht ekat nam on tath ,tsah uoht hcihw tsaf taht dloh :ylkciuq emoc I ,dloheB
7. Why will God spew thee out of his mouth? ____________ ____________ ____________ ____________
8. Fill in the Blanks: And he that sat was to look upon like a __________ and a __________ __________: and there was a ____________ round about the throne, in sight like unto an ____________
9. Why were all things created? __________ __________ __________.
10. Now when the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, what did every one of them have? __________ __________ __________ __________ _________ __________ __________.
11. Where is this Verse? And the four beasts said, A-men', And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever. Revelation _____:____
12. Which seal was opened that caused this? there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood. ____________
13. Unscramble this verse: (Hint the first word is right) For stand the to great able day be of shall his who wrath and is come; Revelation____:___
14. Where will the servants of God be sealed? __________ __________ __________
15. Fill in the Blanks: Saying, __________: Blessing, and __________, and __________, and __________, and __________. and __________, and __________, be unto our __________ for ever and ever, A-men'.
16. Who is in the midst of the throne that shall feed us, and lead us unto living fountains of waters:__________ __________ and then who shall wipe away all tears from our eyes? __________
17. What happened as soon as the seventh seal was opened? ___________ __________ __________ __________ _________ _________ _________ __________ __________ _________ __________ _________ __________.
18. What is the name of the star that makes the waters bitter? ____________ (Hint: in Russian it is Cherlynble)
19. And what came out of the smoke upon the earth? __________
20. Who was the sixth angel told to loose? __________ __________ __________ __________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __________ __________ __________.
21. Where is this verse? And cried with a loud voice, as when a lion roareth: and when he had cried, seven thunders uttered their voices. Revelation ____:___
22. What did John take from the angel and eat up, that was sweet as honey, but made his belly bitter? __________ __________.
23. How long will the two witnesses prophesy?__________ __________ __________ _________ __________ __________ __________.
24. In what verse can I find this? THE KINGDOMS OF THIS WORLD ARE BECOME THE KINGDOMS OF OUR LORD, AND OF HIS CHRIST; AND HE SHALL REIGN FOR EVER AND EVER. Revelation ____:___
25. Who was clothed with the sun, with the moon under their feet wearing a crown of twelve stars? ______ ___________
26. What did the earth open up her mouth and swallow? ________ __________
27. He that killeth with the sword must WHAT? ________ ________ ________ ________ __________
28. Where can I find this verse? And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. Revelation ____:___
29. How long does the smoke of their torment ascendeth up? ________ ________ ________ ________
30. What comes out of the winepress even unto the horse bridles?____________
31. Who has the seven last plagues? __________ __________
32. In what verse can I find this? "Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou king of saints.Revelation ___:___
33. In the Book of Revelation what did the unclean spirits look like that came out of the mouth of the dragon, the beast, and the false prophet? __________
34. Who sat upon a scarlet coloured beast? ________ ___________
35. What does the seven heads represent on which the woman sitteth? __________ ____________
36. What city is this talking about? "for in one hour is thy judgement come."____________
37. Where can I find this part of a verse? "And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee."Revelation ___:___
38. What verse is this? "And again they said, Al-le-lu'-ia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever."Revelation ___:___
39. Where will the voice come from that says this? "Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great." __________ __________ __________ _________.
40. Who from heaven followed Jesus upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean? __________ __________
41. Where will this be written? "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." ________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________
42. Who laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years?____________ ____________
43. What happens after Satan has been bound a thousand years? __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ __________ ___________ __________
44. If your name is not written in the book of life what happens to you? _________ ________ __________ _________ __________ ________ __________ __________ __________
45. Who saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven? ____________
46. What will those that overcome inherit? __________ __________
47. And he that talked with me had a What kind of reed" to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. ____________
48. Where can I find this verse? "And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb."Revelation ___:___
49. Where can I find this verse? "The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. A-men'.Revelation ___:___
50. How many times in the book of Revelation is this written? "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the spirit saith unto the churches. __________
Give yourself 10 points if you read the entire book of Revelation________________
Return this bible study to:
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, va. 24641
OR: E-mail it to: email@example.com
August Bible Study 2003 NTO #2 Questions The Book Of Revelation
1. Where can I find this verse? "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet."____________:___
2. And in his right hand was "WHAT"__________ __________, and what went out of his mouth?____________ ___________ ___________ ____________.
3. Fill in the Blanks: "And to the angel of the church in ____________ write; ____________ things saith he ____________ hath the sharp ____________with two edges."
4. True or False: "Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth."__________
5. Complete this verse: "__________ __________ ___________ __________ __________ __________ Hold fast till I come."
6. He that overcometh will be clothed in what?__________ __________. And their name will not be blotted out from where?__________ __________ ______ __________. And where will their name be confesses at?__________ __________ __________ __________ __________ ___________.
7. Who will be granted to sit down with Jesus in his throne? __________________________________
8. What was round about the throne in heaven? _______________________________________
9. What did the four and twenty elders cast before the throne? ________________________
10. What was sealed on the backside with seven seals? _____________________________
11. Where can I find this number? "ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands." Revelation :_____
12. What was in the hand of he that sat upon the black horse when the third seal was opened? ___________________________________
13. Where on the earth were the four angels standing that were holding the winds?________________________________
14. Who said this? "SALVATION TO OUR GOD WHICH SITTETH UPON THE THRONE, AND UNTO THE LAMB. __________________________
15. Who was given seven trumpets? ____________________________________________________
16. How many angels had golden censers with much incense to offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne?_______________
17. When the first angel sounds the trumpet what part of the trees will be burnt up?______________
18. A great star will fall from heaven, what is it called? _________________________
19. What is death going to do in the last days? ________________________________
20. Unscramble this verse: "lions of teeth the as were teeth their and women, of hair the as hair had they And __________________________________________________________
21. Who is this talking about? Clothed with a cloud, a rainbow was upon his head, his face was as it were the sun, his feet as pillars of fire. ___________________________ (Hint: Not God, nor his son Jesus)
22. Where did the mighty angels set his feet? _____________________________________________
23. What will happen to anyone that tries to harm the two witnesses of God in the last days? ___________________________________________
24. Where can I find this verse? "The second woe is past; and behold, the third woe cometh quickly." Revelation :
25. What happened when the temple of God was opened in heaven? ___________________________
26. How many crowns were upon the heads of the red dragon?____________________
27. Where did the woman flee to that she had a place prepared of God?______________________
28. How many horns did the other beast have that came up out of the earth as a lamb and spake as a dragon? ________________________
29. In what two places will the beast put his mark? ___________________________________
30. Where did the hundred and forty and four thousand have his Father's name written? ____________________________________
31. What was thrust into the earth to reap it?_____________________________________
32. This is my favorite verse from the book of revelation, where can I find it? "And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God." Revelation :
33. And the temple was filled with "WHAT?"_______________ From the glory of God,
34. What happened when the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea? _____________________________________________________________________
35. And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue "WHAT?"_______________
36. What color was the beast that the woman sat upon?_____________________
37. What do the seven heads of the beast represent?__________________________
38. Who cried this? "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, "__________________________
39. What will the merchants of the earth do over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: _______________________
40. Who will say this in heaven? "Al-le-lu'-ia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:"__________________________________
41. What did the four and twenty elders and the four beasts do?
42. What are they that are called unto the marriage supper of the lamb?
43. When shall Satan be loosed out of his prison?___________________________________-
44. How will the dead be judged? "And I saw the dead, small and great."_____________________
45. Who said this, and where can I find it? "Behold, I make all things new." _________________________ Revelation :
46. The great city Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from God will have how many gates, and at the gates how many angels?______________________
47. True or False: "And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass."____________________
48. Where can I find this verse?"And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." Revelation :
49. Blessed are they that do "WHAT?" _______________________________________________
50. Who is the bright and morning star?______________________
Give yourself 10 points if you read the entire book of Revelation. __________
Return this study to:
P.O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Website URL: http://members.tripod.com/~TimothyV/index-280.html
August Bible Study 2003 NTO #1 Puzzle
Names From The Bible
D E E R U T H N P R O U D I J
I Z A J O B O I I O F J U D E
P E T E R O O K L E V I P P R
P K E S A X K K A A L M S U E
E I N S H E R I T A L E U T M
D E O I A I C E E S T H E R I
B L I C B O A Z A C H O P E A
O E S A O Y E O A B C D A Q H
W E E P D R S O N J E S U S O
E V E R Y R A M N O M O L O S
H E R Q B E R A C H E L Z A K
T E R R Y H A R D N O O N S A
T J O N A S A T E A M M O A B
A O O E Q I S H J A C O B E E
M O T H E R K A L Y N N O W R
JESUS JOHN JONAS JUDE JEREMIAH JACOB RACHEL RUTH
RAHAB SOLOMON PETER PAUL MATTHEW PILATE MARY
MARTHA CAESAR BOAZ ESTHER EZEKIEL