March Bible Study 2003
Books To Read For This Month Are: Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, & 2 Samuel
P. O. Box 428
Richlands, Va. 24641
Bible Study Website URL: http://members.tripod.com/~TimothyV/index-280.html
Matthew 25:21 His Lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.
The Lord wants me to put his word on the cover sheet this month. For your glory Lord. John 10:25 through 10:30.
John 10:25 Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.
John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you,
John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall and man pluck them out of my hand.
John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
John 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
John 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
John 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
I pray Father that the power of your love, and the understanding of the living word becomes a part of the everyday lives of those who believe in you and your Loving Grace. I thank you Lord for the blessings you have shed upon your sheep, and I thank you, and give you the glory for the blessings to come. I thank you Lord for answering the prayers of your faithful children, and for letting them know that you are forever with them. I thank you Father for allowing me to glorify you daily with praise and worship. Father you said that you would meet our needs, and give us the desires of our hearts. Those needs are few, your people need very little to stay alive, But, Lord, Our desires are many, and you, Gracious Lord God Almighty have given us the desires of our hearts! Cars, Televisions, Computers, Electricity, Indoor Plumbing, these are just a few of our desires Lord, you have given us these and many, many more desires of our hearts. I thank you Lord for hearing my prayers, and I will forever worship you. A-men
March 2003 Bible Study Puzzle Names From This Months Books
I S I M E O N A E H L P S E V E V E V CUSHANRISHATHAIM
JOSHUA S P I N N E R S H O P E S A V E D A T SIMEON
ADONIBEZEK H O S S O U P T U B E S T O P K H T O AHIMAN
CALEB M O A B E P U A M O E H O S A I O O A SISERA
DEBORAH A N D Y L R T Y O J E S U S M N T U Z MEROZ
ZEBULUN E Q O T Z A A B R A H A M A B N E R E RUTH
NAOMI L E L K A N A H Y W Z M N X E E Z Q B ORPAH
MAHLON E E L Y N N T J V J E P E A N R W Z U CHILION
BOAZ X T Y A C H R I S O P L A G J M O X L JESSE
ELKANAH C H U S H A N R I S H A T H A I M T U BENJAMIN
ABNER D W M I O E L Z T H E Y E W M T A R N
Q R O A R F P E Z U R N A R I W H A W
V N O J H Z A O B A W A R H N A L Z P
C H I L I O N A R E N B A T Y N O N Z
H E T O O K T W O M E R O Z R Q N I R
R O A R N R H A P R O Z T U R U A K Q
I N L D E O D S E B F P A V E W T K T
S O A D O N I B E Z E K M Q H K E I P
T P R A Y E D D T P R A I S S E R S Z
P W K Z G R C B A T D T X X N A O M I
March Bible Study 2003
This Months Books To Read:
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel
1. Who fled, and when he got caught by Judah and Simeon they cut off his thumbs and great toes? ___________________________________________________.
2. How old was Joshua when he died? ________________________________________________.
3. The king of Moab was a very fat man, what was his name? ______________________________.
4. Fill in the Blank:"And they slew of ____________ at that time about ____________ ____________ men, all ____________, and all men of ____________; and there escaped not a man.
5. What was Sham'-gar's father's name? ______________________________________________.
6. True or False:"And they stood every man in his place round about the camp: and all the host ran, and cried, and fled."_____________________________________________.
7. Who said this:"when the Lord hath delivered Ze'-bah and Zal-mun'-na into mine hand, then I will tear your flesh with the thons of the wilderness and with briers."___________________________.
8. How long did A-bim'-e-lech reign over Israel before God sent an evil spirit between A-bim'-e-lech and the men of She'-chem; __________________________________________________________.
9. Who judged Israel for eight years, and also had forty sons, and thirty nephews?____________.
10. What was the city of Dan called at the first? "Before it was called Dan"___________________.
11. Of the children of Benjamin and the inhabitants of Gib'-e-ah how many were left handed and could sling stones at an hair breadth, and not miss,? ____________________________________.
12. Who was Phin'-e-has' Grandfather?________________________________________________.
13. True or False:"In those days there was no king in Israel: every man did that which was right in the Counsel of Judges eyes?__________________________.
14. What was the name of Na-o'-mi's husband? _________________________________________.
15. True or False:"And Mah'-lon and Chil'-i-on died also both of them; and the woman was left of her two sons and her husband." ____________________________.
16. What did Na-o'-mi tell the people of Beth'-le-hem to call her because the Almighty had dealt very bitterly with her? ________________________________________________.
17. How was Bo'-az associated with Na-o'-mi?________________________.
18. True or False:"And the servant that was set over the reapers answered and said, It is the Mo'-ab-i-tish damsel that came back with Bo'-az out of the country of Moab."________________________.
19. Who is Na-o'-mi talking about in this verse?"And Na-o'-mi said unto her daughter in law, Blessed be he of the Lord, who hath not left off his kindness to the living and to the dead. And Na-o'-mi said unto her, The man is near of kin unto us, one of our next kinsmen."__________________________.
20. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And she went down unto the floor, and did according to all that her mother in law bade her."______________________________.
21. Why did Bo'-az draw off his shoe? __________________________________________________.
22. Who did Ruth marry in the Book of Ruth? ______________________.
23. El'-ka-nah had two wives, which one didn't have any children?___________________________.
24. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"That the Lord called Samuel: and he answered, Here am I._________________________________________________________.
25. When the Phi-lis'-tines took the ark of God, what did they do with it? __________________________________________________________.
26. How long was the ark of the Lord in the country of the Phi-lis'-tines?______________________.
27. Who said this?"Gather all Israel to Miz'-peh, and I will pray for you unto the Lord.____________.
28. A-hi'-ah, the son of WHO?________________________________.
29. What was named these names: Bo'-zez & Se'-neh?_____________________________________.
30. True or False:"And Samuel came to Saul: and Saul said unto him, Blessed be thou of the Lord: For I have not performed the commandment of the Lord.____________________________________.
31. Fill in the Blank:"And when his ____________ told ____________ these words, it pleased ____________ well to be the kings son in law: and the ____________ were not expired.
32. Which Book, Chapter, and Verse is this? "So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat."_______________________________________.
33. The Lord told David to smite the Phi-lis'-tines, but to save what city?_______________________.
34. Where were David's men afraid? _____________________________.
35. How many chosen men did Saul take out of all Israel to go and seek David and his men upon the rocks of the wild goats?______________________________________________________________.
36. Abner was the son of who?_________________________________.
37. Which Book, Chapter, and verse is this?"And they took their bones, and buried them under a tree at Ja'-besh, and fasted seven days."_________________________.
38. What was written in the book of Ja'-sher?"____________________________________________.
39. What was the name of David's firstborn son?__________________.
40. What was the name of David's third son? _____________________.
41. Who smote Abner and killed him?____________________________.
42. What was buried in the sepulchre of Abner in He'-bron?________________________________.
43. What was Mi'-cha's father's name?____________________________.
44. What was the name of U-ri'-ah's wife that David married after U-ri'-ah died?________________.
45. What was the name of Ta'-mar's father?_________________________.
46. How many women did the king leave to keep the house when they fled?__________________.
47. True or False: Ab'-sa-lom, and all the people the men of Israel, came to jerusalem, and A-hith'-o-phel with him._____________________________________________.
48. Shim'-e-i was the son of who?____________________________.
49. Who said this?"Hear, hear; I say, I pray you, unto Jo'-ab, Come near hither, that I may speak with thee."___________________________________________________.
50. What did David do so the Lord was intreated for the land, and the plague was stayed from Israel?__________________________________________________.
Give yourself 10 points for reading all of the books in this months study.
Web Address For The Bible Study On The Internet:
My Internet Address For More Information About The Bible Study On The Internet:
March Bible Study Questions 2003 #2 Bible Study
This Months Books To Read:
Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, 2 Samuel
1. How did Oth'-ni-el win the right to marry Ach'-sah the daughter of Caleb? _______________________________________________.
2. Who dwells with the children of Benjamin in Jerusalem unto this day? _______________________________________________.
3. What did E'-hud do to the doors of the parlour?______________________.
4. What did the children of Israel do when E'-hud was dead? _______________________________________________.
5. What two people said this?"Praise ye the Lord for the avenging of Israel, when the people willingly offered themselves. Hear, O ye kings; give ear, O ye princes; I, even I, will sing unto the Lord; I will sing praise to the Lord God of Israel."________________________________.
6. Who was blessed above the women in the tent?_____________________.
7. And the angel of the Lord appeared unto him, and said unto him, The Lord is with thee, thou mighty man of valour. "Appeared unto who? ________________________________.
8. What was the name of Jer-ub-ba'-al's father?________________________.
9. What was the name of Jo'-tham's father?___________________________.
10. What did the children of Ammon do to Israel in process of time? _________________________________________________________________________.
11. E'-lon, a Zeb'-ulon-ite Judged Israel how long?_______________________________.
12. Where was E'-lon buried when he died?_____________________________________.
13. True or False:"And there fell of Benjamin seventeen thousand men; all these were men of Valour."__________________________________________________________________.
14. Fill in the Blank:"And _______________________ Naomi's _____________________ died; and she was __________________, and her ____________________ sons.
15. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law."______________.
16. Who returned to Bethlehem in the beginning of barley harvest?___________________.
17. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not."_______________________.
18. Who said this?"My daughter, shall I not seek rest for thee, that it may be well with thee? ______________________________________.
19. Now at midnight, Bo'-az was afraid, and he turned himself, and what lay at his feet? ______________________________________.
20. How many men of the elders of the city did Bo'-az take and say:"Sit ye down here." ______________________________________.
21. Who had a parcel of land for sale that use to belong to E-lim'-e-lech?_________________.
22. Who was the father of Jesse?______________________________________________.
23. Who begat Sal'-mon?_____________________________________________________.
24. Who marked Hannah's mouth?_____________________________________________.
25. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"There is none holy as the Lord: for there is none beside thee: neither is there any rock like our God."_____________________________________.
26. True or False:"The Lord killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up." _________________________________.
27. What does God do with the beggars from the dunghill? ____________________________.
28. What was Ek'-ron?__________________.
29. Who's son's were Judges in Be'-er-she'-ba?__________________________, What were their names?__________________________________.
30. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And ye have this day rejected your God, who himself saved you out of all your adversities and your tribulations; and ye have said unto him, Nay, but set a king over us. Now therefore present yourselves before the Lord by your tribes, and by your thousands."______________________________.
31. Na'-hash the Am'-mon-ite encamped where?_____________________________________.
32. Who did the men of Ja'-besh want to make a covenant with?________________________.
33. Who said this?"Behold, I have hearkened unto your voice in all that ye said unto me, and have made a king over you."__________________________________.
34. True or False:"Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things he hath done for you."________________________.
35. David's wives were taken prisoner, did he get one, or both of them back?______________.
36. Who killed Saul? ____________________________________.
37. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?" How are the mighty fallen, and the weapons of war perished!" ____________________________________________.
38. Who anointed David king over the house of Judah?_______________________________.
39. How long was David king in He'-bron over the house of Judah?_____________________.
40. Who was the father of Ba'-a-nah?_______________________.
41. How old was David when he began his reign over Israel?_________________, and how long did he reign?______________________________________________.
42. What happened to Uz'-zah when he touched the ark of God?________________________.
43. What was Nathan?___________________________________.
44. What did David's sons do in Israel?(What were their jobs?)__________________________.
45. What Book, Chapter, and Verse is this?"And when the Syrians saw that they were smitten before Israel, they gathered themselves together."___________________________.
46. Who fell in love with their sister?_______________________________________, and what was her name?____________________________________________.
47. What did Ab'-sa-lom's servants do to Jo'-ab's field of barley?_________________________.
48. How did A-hith'-o-phel die?____________________________________________.
49. What was the name of She'-ba's father?__________________________________.
50. How much did David pay unto A-rau'-nah for the threshingfloor and the oxen? _____________________________________________________.